Hazardous Location Notifications
The service is to warn road users about potentially hazardous situations or events on the road. Warnings include information about the location and type of a hazard, distance to the hazard, its expected duration, etc.
NordicWay Presentation Hazardous Location Notifications
The video shows an example of an implementation of the service, however the service can be implimented and used in different use cases as described below.
AD Aware Traffic Control - Emergency Vehicles
AD Aware Traffic Control was developed by the Drive Sweden project, but the data exchange has been incorporated in the Interchange network.
Hazardous locations represent a risk for road users since they may cause (more) accidents resulting in injuries/fatalities. Warning road users about nearby hazardous locations should increase their alertness and allow them to adapt their behaviour accordingly.
The objective is to inform road users about nearby hazardous locations.
Demonstration sites implementing this service
Expected benefits include:
- More attentive and cautious driving while approaching and passing hazardous locations.
- Reduced risks for collisions and accidents and hence fewer incidents/injuries/fatalities among road users.
The use cases for the service include:
- Accident Zone Description
- Weather and Road Conditions
- Slow and Stationary Vehicles
- Traffic Ahead Warning
- Emergency Brake Lights
- Emergency Vehicle Approaching
- Animal or Person on the Road
- Obstacle on the Road
- Cooperative Collision Warning